Hello from Stoke on Trent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ffin72

Jul 21, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hello everyone,

Ffin72 is the name I was allocated in Star Wars Galaxies and the year I was born. I've always been interested in the outdoors lifestyle, but work and play have often distracted me. I did a few years with the TA in my early twenties, but there's been a fairly long period of absence. Ray Mears got me fired up to get on the hills again, and as I recently stopped smoking, I think this will be the year of long hikes and sleep outs. I'd like to learn about wild food, shelter building and most of all, navigation. My goal is to spend a gap year (or 2) living off the land, probably in eastern Europe. It would be great to meet up with any local experts who are willing to share their knowledge of the local environs.

I live just outside Hanley, and will most likely be hiking to my camp sites, as I no longer own a vehicle, so if anyone could enlighten me about good areas/routes, I would be very grateful.

You will probably see me post some dumb questions in the equipment forums, but please be lenient, I search, read and digest for a long time before posting.

Ffin.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Good morning, welcome to the forum! You're well placed for some of the Midlands meets, you can probably get a lift but a hike isn't out of the question. See you around the camp fire! :campfire: :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE