hello everyone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

waynerck

Mar 25, 2007
lisburn northern ireland
Hello im wayne 24 from lisburn, northern ireland and im a bushcraft virgin!
well i have always loved the outdoors and have done my fair share of hiking up until about 5 years ago when life kicked in (as it does) , i have always been interested in the various skills and knowlage behind bushcraft i can honestly say i was army barmy in my youth and remember getting the sas survival guide out of the school library and studying it over and over until i actually bought one.
well i was standing in work the other day with a friend and we were so fed up and moaning about how life sucked when my friend lee asked "what was your favourite thing to do when you were younger?" i said hiking and camping to which he replied "well why dont you do it again only like ray mears" so i dont know what happened i think i had a spiritual moment or somthing but here i am.
i have always been in love with the idea of going out with nothing more than a knife and having the skill to survive and adapt to what ever is at hand i just dont know why i have never took the step sooner.
i do apologise for the long intro but hey better the devil you know (excuse my spelling sorry)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
waynerck said:
Hello im wayne 24 from lisburn, northern ireland and im a bushcraft virgin!
well i have always loved the outdoors and have done my fair share of hiking up until about 5 years ago when life kicked in (as it does) , i have always been interested in the various skills and knowlage behind bushcraft i can honestly say i was army barmy in my youth and remember getting the sas survival guide out of the school library and studying it over and over until i actually bought one.
well i was standing in work the other day with a friend and we were so fed up and moaning about how life sucked when my friend lee asked "what was your favourite thing to do when you were younger?" i said hiking and camping to which he replied "well why dont you do it again only like ray mears" so i dont know what happened i think i had a spiritual moment or somthing but here i am.
i have always been in love with the idea of going out with nothing more than a knife and having the skill to survive and adapt to what ever is at hand i just dont know why i have never took the step sooner.
i do apologise for the long intro but hey better the devil you know (excuse my spelling sorry)

Welcome to BCUK Wayne,

You have certainly come to the right place if you want to increase your bushcraft knowledge.
There are loads of guys and girls on here with a wealth of knowledge who are very welcoming and enthusiastically helpful, I hope you enjoy the site!:D

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Hi Wayne,

You are just up the road from me mate, send me a Personal Message and we might be able to meet up. I noticed you had a question about kit to get started with, I've got some kit you can have a look at and I've got some books that you could borrow to read through if you like. I've also done a few courses so if you want any advice mate just send me a message and we can have a chat.
Oh yeah, welcome to BCUK :D

Brian

lyttlegough

Nov 7, 2006
N. Ireland
Welcome Wayne
This is the perfect site for finding things out. Make use of the search engine and if that doesn't answer your question post a message.
I'm in Antrim myself and this site has been a revelation.
Ian

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Hi Wayne,

Come and get smoky by the fire. Fall out of a hammock, get blisters from rubbing sticks together. But mostly really enjoy the outdoors.

waynerck

Mar 25, 2007
lisburn northern ireland
Brian said:
Hi Wayne,

You are just up the road from me mate, send me a Personal Message and we might be able to meet up. I noticed you had a question about kit to get started with, I've got some kit you can have a look at and I've got some books that you could borrow to read through if you like. I've also done a few courses so if you want any advice mate just send me a message and we can have a chat.
Oh yeah, welcome to BCUK :D

Brian

thankyou everyone for making me feel welcome and for yor kindness

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE