Hello Everyone.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

David.s

Forager
Jan 27, 2007
Glasgow
www.myspace.com_evil_scrappy
hey folks im david, live in glasgow, always had an interest in camping and stuff but no one would go with me, so now i have some money to buy proper equiptment i hope to go camping more often. i dont know what your opinion is on ray mears, but i watch him alot lol, also see a few things on discovery with a guy called bear grylls ( i think). At the moment i ahve a frosts carbon blade mora clipper, with a frosts crook knife and the first mora, think a 760 :confused:, things i need though are good axe, rucksack and tent ( the one i have is far to big) not wanting to pay too much for the stuff so tips all welcome lol.

talk to you later.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Hi David,

The last 3 times I have camped I did without the tent, and the last one was in December. (Mind you I was a bit cold that last time). I did have a tarpaulin over me, very cheap from "Homebase".

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Welcome aboard David. Unless you are doing some big work that really needs an axe, I go for a saw instead.... either the popular laplander or make yourself a pack saw..... its a great little project to do ;)

:D
Ed

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hi David, and welcome to the BcUK forum :D
There's a fair number of us around your neck of the woods and there's usually someone who's up for a walk or camp.
Check out the Scottish Meet threads too, there'll be a big one in a few weeks and you'd be very welcome.
I agree with Chris, the saw's a good thing, but more and more folk are giving up on tents and going for bivvis, tarps and hammocks.

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE