Hello bushcrafters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vmax

Aug 10, 2009
Greenock
Joined the site a wee bit ago and should have introduced myself sooner, apologies for not doing that.

I usually go camping and canoeing half a dozen time a year (also a member of Song of the Paddle), sometimes get a bit of walking and camping as well.

I work in IT networks and can spend a bit of time on the road throughout Scotland at times in remote places. Like some other threads on this site I've made a bit of a new year resolution to do more wild camping at these remote places. I'm particulary into the hobo stove thread and look forward to puting my effort into a "live fire" in the near future, I'll post the pics etc when I get thatg done.

Cheers

Vincent

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Vincent - welcome to the forum

What sort of networking do you do in remote parts of Scotland, sounds just like the sort of thing I'm looking at doing myself.

vmax

Aug 10, 2009
Greenock
Hi Vincent - welcome to the forum

What sort of networking do you do in remote parts of Scotland, sounds just like the sort of thing I'm looking at doing myself.

Hi Shewie,

I work with IP data and voice technologies mainly on Cisco products. Get to visit a fair bit of the West coast and islands either swaping out faulty hardware or installing new sites with router and switches. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Shewie,

I work with IP data and voice technologies mainly on Cisco products. Get to visit a fair bit of the West coast and islands either swaping out faulty hardware or installing new sites with router and switches. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

I've been doing networking for the last 12 years, started with Token Ring :eek: mainly Synoptics and Bay Networks stuff and then moving onto Cisco around 2000. I work for a large retail firm so it's mainly layer 2 IP and VOIP office and warehouse enviroments and then we have 3rd party contracts for the WAN side of things.
All very interesting, but it's gone a bit stale lately. Me and the wife are itching to move up the Trossachs area one day and ideally I'd like to start something new, well away from networking if I can. Swapping out faulty hardware and a bit of configuring would be bearable for a while though, especially if it gets me out and about. I have bizarre ideas about combining my IT experience with conservation or land management in Scotland, but that's for another thread one day :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE