Have to get back over there!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
After seeing all of your pictures of the UK's rolling hills in the gallery, I can't take it anymore. I HAVE to get back to Scotland either next year or the year after.
I was thinking of a holiday over there for a few weeks, but then thought that perhaps a working holiday would allow me to stay longer.
Apart from perhaps working in youth hostels, does anyone have any suggestions for working holidays close to beautiful scenery? I don't expect my Ba. Music or guiding qualification to come in handy here, anything would be appreciated if it allowed me to get back over there! :p

I'd also love to have an opportunity to practice bushcraft in another country. Here in Oz, everything that isn't venemous is poisonous. ;)
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Why not try getting a job with Macbackpackers or another one of the tour buses that take other backpackers around the country looking at all the nice places? You'd have to demonstrate the ability to drive, to read maps and to remember useful bits of history (or at least lie convincingly).
There's also plenty of volunteer work doing stuff like rebuilding dykes, removing Rhododendrons etc.

You could, of course go into the traditional Australian trade of working down the pub. Plenty of seasonal work to be had in that field.

Do you have anything specific in mind? (or anything you're really rather not do?)

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
you can try workabout magazine when you get here.. it offers work opertunitys for young people from canada auz new zealand and south africa mostly things like bar work.. you will have to look for areas you want to go to! remember work like this is quite seasonal so it will be easier for you to work in the summer!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE