Guy Grieves - Call of the Wild - TV?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
Old thread but I too am looking for a copy and youtube have removed, does anyone have any suggestions?

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Yep, just been reading the book and looking for a new link for escape to alaska, or if anyone has a copy on disc they would send me, be more than happy to pay for postage etc. cheers

Elgatoloco

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2010
Glasgow, UK
Never heard of this guy before so I was intrigued by the whole story and done some research...so basically the guy wasn't happy with his 24/7 life, job, mortgage and decided to go to Alaska 'on his own' just to test his skill....leaving his wife/Gf and two wee kids in Scotland - for a year, maybe he wasn't happy with that either? Who knows...and then he returns to his life after that year?anything changed after that stunt? Oh yeah, he earned some £ after selling the footage and releasing the book.

Locals helped him build the cabin and helped him with few other things too, there was a camera crew there too and a satellite phone, internet connection.

got mixed feelings about this, really surprised that no-one mentions the above.

regards,
Simon

Elgatoloco

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2010
Glasgow, UK
With respect, you should read the book for the ultimate research. It would put your list of 'facts' into perspective.

All the stuff mentioned by me is in the book and those are facts, maybe one or two things I missed was his dad's cancer caused by the work life and one of his buddies that somehow was in the same place as him and equipped him with clothing and gear.

This is still strange and leaving your family for a year just to prove yourself is stupid, whatever it would take, being 'alone' in wilderness and put your life at risk just prove you got balls? I'm sorry but it's just stupid. Why not change his life entirely and move to yukon with whole family? Yeah, I know in today's world, you need to overly enthusiastic about everything and when you criticise something you got :rolleyes: in other folks faces.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
What he done by staying away from his family is no different from what many people do for there Jobs, like going to Afghanistan for a tour for example, or being part of and Arctic survey team .

The only difference with this guy is that he organised it himself , and good on him if he made some money from it I say

devilabit

May 12, 2015
Ireland
I am very keen to see this documentary after reading the book, if anyone has a copy, link to the video or knows when it might be repeated on TV I would be very grateful if you could let me know. Feel free to PM me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE