Guy Grieves - Call of the Wild - TV?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
can anyone direct me to a source for the above? Was it ever a documentary? I enjoyed the book and would be interested to see any footage?

Thanks in advance.

S.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Nope, not any tv for this or even pictures in the public domain, which I'm really surprised at. Would have made the book even better. I'm sure he must have taken a camera !

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
It was shown on channel 4 as a one hour documentary a few years back.try searching for escape to Alaska as I think that was the title of the film.

Last edited:

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Excellent. I actually ended up buying the book twice ( cheaply) as the hardback has pictures. Very interested if anyone has a copy! Thanks for the info.

Cheers.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
that was (and is a great book) i really enjoyed it, i never knew there was a video/movie of it...will look up when i have spare time

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
yup type in "guy grieve" on you tube and up it pops, called escape to Alaska,

[video=youtube;ZQxSYNJi8HY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQxSYNJi8HY[/video]

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've looked everywhere for the DVD and can't find it. I have about 10 discs unlabelled so it may be on one of those.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
My connection doesn't handle lengthy clips/i-player/C4 very well. If anyone has a disc/copy of it I'd love a copy.

Great book. Really good mix of his skills, human condition, successes and failures. Wasn't sure about him on the "Wild Gourmets"!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE