Ground Sheets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Those things from eBay aren't really what I'd call heavy duty. The builders' tarps I've mostly seen thesedays are similar, woven cut film (blue polypropylene). Not exactly heavy duty either but they're all cheap enough to replace fairly frequently. I've been using these for a while and I've been well pleased considering the price:

http://www.gisurplus.co.uk/shop/pro...2-x-3-meters/79f747b965a7c29101159774bc2a141b

I bought five when we did a group buy a few months back. The condition wasn't perhaps as good as described in that page but I've only used one so far and it's done everything I needed it to do.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Getyourself an IPK sheet

It meets all your requirements easily

IPK sheets vary. If you're lucky you get a superb groundsheet which will serve as a small tarp, packs small and is a pleasure to use. On the other hand some of them are a coarse cotton sheet proofed with some horrible waxy claggy 5#1te which makes it difficult to spread the sheet, esp. when cold or wet, and comes off onto your hands and gear. Until you open the kit there's no telling, AFAIK, what's inside

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
For the ultralight option, Wickes do a glazing sheet which is Polycryro. Very light and strong, but when it rips, it doesnt stop. Tape is needed.

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
I got a couple of black PVC jobs from Black's. Cheap, tough & do the job. Just mop em down after & they're as good as new.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE