Green buffing compound payforward

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Joseph said:
I've got a big lump of the afore said that I got from axminster.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product....r_id=Zenith&name=&user_search=&sfile=1&jump=0

A little goes a long way and so I thought I'd share some of it. Depending on what you've got in mind for it I'll try and guess the right amount. It's good stuff a little of it on some cardboard and you can strop to your hearts content.

Joe.
I'd like to try a small amount :You_Rock_ I'd like to give my clipper that extra edge of sharpeness

CheeseMonster

Forager
Dec 11, 2006
Shropshire
I've just started to learn how to sharpen my clipper so a wee bit of this would be a great help to try and achieve that legendary sporadic arm baldness syndrome :D

Joseph

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2006
Norfolk
Still some left so pm your address if you want a bit Cheesemonster. I've never used razor stropping paste but there's a bit of info on this if you search outdoors-magazine.com. In terms of use I add a bit of Camelia oil or WD40 to a surface then add a small amount of the green compound. This is to get a cutting paste. Never tried it by itself but it should work ok. Hope this helps. The amount I've sent out should last for a good while as long as your not using a huge surface. I've got some on a bit of leather 4 inches by about 1 and a bit inches and that does my mora tradesmen fine.That needed very little indeed. Have fun.

Joe.

Reactions: Phil562

Joseph

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2006
Norfolk
Royal mail must be fast from this part of the world (in Sheffield for a while). It take a while for things to get out of north Norfolk (comparitively). Glad to hear its arriving. Still got about a third of a bar available to let people know. Laters,

Joe.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Joseph said:
Royal mail must be fast from this part of the world (in Sheffield for a while). It take a while for things to get out of north Norfolk (comparitively). Glad to hear its arriving. Still got about a third of a bar available to let people know. Laters,

Joe.
Even made it as far as NE Scotland today. Well done Royal Mail! Well done Joseph very generous:)

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Joseph said:
I've got a big lump of the afore said that I got from axminster.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product....r_id=Zenith&name=&user_search=&sfile=1&jump=0

A little goes a long way and so I thought I'd share some of it. Depending on what you've got in mind for it I'll try and guess the right amount. It's good stuff a little of it on some cardboard and you can strop to your hearts content.

Joe.
wow, i've just stropped my carbon clipper using this buffing compound... boy does it work. my knife is both sharper than I have ever managed with just a leather belt, and brightly polished, I used a few drops of oil to hold the compound on the flat square of leather, and stropped away as per normal. hair fairly pops off with the blade, it even cut through an A4 piece of paper held by one edge.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE