Goyt Valley antics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Just a few pics of our quick trip out to the Goyt Valley for a bit of a wander, some butties and a brew. Also wanted to test drive Hobo Stove V2.0 :)

On the way down in the van
DSCF0457.jpg

DSCF0456.jpg

View from the bridge across the reservoir
DSCF0458.jpg

Dan surveying the landscape for a good spot to luncheon
DSCF0460.jpg

The whole place was very damp and had quite a lot of fallen and rotten pine trees which meant there were plenty of pine knots to be had to fuel the stove.
DSCF0463.jpg

Chef Dan helping to prepare the sandwichs aux oeufs frits
DSCF0462.jpg

Just enough time for a brew
DSCF0464.jpg

and a warm
DSCF0466.jpg

Before it got dark and we had to head home.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Nice one...........those resevoir shots do look a little bleak :eek:.................original use of a rucksack too, I'll have to remember that one :D

Thanks for sharing.

Randall

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2012
Peak District
Ah it's the Goyt! I live less than two miles away :)

Used to ride my bike around there a lot. That road (on the first pic) goes from the bottom of the valley to the top of Long Hill, and is an absolute killer. Great fun.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
damn no food,where are those rats! good pics,i planned a night out but after doing almost 60hours this week i woke a few hours ago on the sofa!

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
That road (on the first pic) goes from the bottom of the valley to the top of Long Hill, and is an absolute killer. Great fun.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't want to ride up that. Maybe I'll let you know next time we head up that way, I only go up there when I visit Dan.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE