Gloves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I'm looking for leather gloves for bushcrafting. They should be strong, because I want to use them a lot. Tight fit would be nice for better control. Anyone have suggestions?

Michiel

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Carhartt work gloves, reasonably priced with reinforced palm. They are a "fashion" brand in the UK but they are good old workwear in the states. I got mine from a US ebay store, ravenrock workwear (I think).

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've got some soft thin leather tan gloves by a company called "five fingers", I cannot find anything on the web for them. I picjked them up for 8 euros and they are fantastic. I've had no problems with hot billy cans, spikey stuff or nettles, and they are still going strong. They are quite warm considering there isn't any insulation in them, and they are cheap. In fact, I will be getting some more soon.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I got hold of a pair of leather gardening gloves from my local Wilkinsons store in the summer. I have used them a lot for both gardening and bushcraft and they have managed well. They costs between £6 - £10 iirc. ATB....Stu

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I seem to remember this has been the subject of an earlier thread. I suggest air pilots gloves, if you can get them. They are grey, close fitting and great. :)

retrohiker

Jul 2, 2005
Ohio, USA
Elkskin gloves hold up better than just about anything I've used. But get them slightly larger than you would trying them on in the store. I found out that trying to put on a pair of tight fitting leather gloves after working up a sweat hiking in tough terrain is an exercise in frustration :censored:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE