Glogg Water Bottles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I "won" a Chinese copy of the stainless nalgene bottle, its 1ltr, wide mouth, and is costing less than £7 posted. I will do a review if anyone's interested.

Rob

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
Hello gents!

Well I took the plunge and bought a glogg 500 ml.

MUTTS NUTS!

used it for water carry to and from work, no problems, then I got adventurous and used it to boil in, perfect!

As a water bottle i usually prefer a wide mouth but had no problems with this, the only issue that I had using it as a brew vessel was that not all cookers/stoves can handle something that narrow. However I used the Swiss Army Gel cookers (a bit like the greenheat ones) and it was a perfect fit!

As an added bonus, this is the only bottle I have found that will fit in the Go Outdoors stainless steel mugs that they were selling for £3 a pair, so put the two together and they nest quite nicely to make a decent brew set!

If I can work out how I will try and put up some pix

Cheers

Sean

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
"Ultra lightweight and a choice of leakproof carabiner or sports tops to suit your lifestyle"

H'mm we don't want leaky carabiners do we?

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
"Ultra lightweight and a choice of leakproof carabiner or sports tops to suit your lifestyle"

H'mm we don't want leaky carabiners do we?

I can confirm that the carabiner never leaked at any point, neither did the bottle btw. and i never wear sports tops

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
Bushcraft

just a test!

Bushcraft

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I "won" a Chinese copy of the stainless nalgene bottle, its 1ltr, wide mouth, and is costing less than £7 posted. I will do a review if anyone's interested.

Rob

Looking at one of these. Really tempted, but wondered if it the same screw fitting as a nalgene?

vmax

Aug 10, 2009
Greenock

Rob

Hi Rob, does the seller have any more of these available? Please either post or PM a link.

Cheers

Cancel that mate, just found them on ebay. I put "wide mouth stainless bottle" in the search and took me to it.

Last edited:

vmax

Aug 10, 2009
Greenock

Rob

Assuming that you are now in posession of the new bottle, what's you're opinion on it?

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I do not see the point of not going wide mouth in metal. You get a cook pot. Something to boil water in. If the chinese ones take nalgene stuff it is a cheap version of them.

vmax

Aug 10, 2009
Greenock
I do not see the point of not going wide mouth in metal. You get a cook pot. Something to boil water in. If the chinese ones take nalgene stuff it is a cheap version of them.

I think (for me anyway) the attraction is the way thy cap is flush rather than pointed/protruding from the main body of the bottle.

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hi folks,

I've had the bottle for a while now, it arrived in a week of being orderd, and its the 1ltr version. I have the aldi version of nalgene bottles, and this is the same capacity, but taller & slimmer, and the cheap s/steel mugs(mine do anyway)are wide enough for it to sit inside.
At first i did'nt think it sealed well, but its a question of making sure the cap is on straight, and done up tight enough.
Not sure, if nalgene caps fit, but it does screw on to my msr water filter.

I took it out for a try, and treated it roughly, dropping it from shoulder height a number of times, on to frozen ground, i did'nt leak, and i feel this is similar in height to it falling out of your pack. Certainly i'm fairly sure that a plastic one would of split, due to the impact and the cold, also i have filled it up, and frozen it, with the cap of, again no probs.

To sum up, a good buy, you know that your water container won't break, if you drop it.

Rob

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
If the chinese ones take nalgene stuff it is a cheap version of them.

No!

The stainless steel versions of the Guyot Designs and the Nalgene bottles are actually made in China, as are the majority of the stainless steel water bottles sold worldwide!

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
No!

The stainless steel versions of the Guyot Designs and the Nalgene bottles are actually made in China, as are the majority of the stainless steel water bottles sold worldwide!

Ok, but if I buy one from china it costs less than a Nalgene plastic one, even the fakes are pushing a tenner. If I buy a metal named brand from the states, they start at twenty before postage.

And if a filter fits you would think the other mods would too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE