Glentrool meet 2/3/4 November

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi all, cheers for the pm Col. Regarding the chute situation, is there trees that we can hang it from, as i don't have poles for it. If poles are required i can bring my chainsaw to cut some on site if need be.

PS i take it that it will be an alcohol free weekend :bluThinki :p:p:p:p

Cheers Stuart.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Hi all, cheers for the pm Col. Regarding the chute situation, is there trees that we can hang it from, as i don't have poles for it. If poles are required i can bring my chainsaw to cut some on site if need be.

PS i take it that it will be an alcohol free weekend :bluThinki :p:p:p:p

Cheers Stuart.

Aye there's a couple o' suitable trees for a hanging :eek:, if need be we can cut some poles.
What's alcohol? I don't think i've tried that before...

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
As you may be aware, Stuart69s funeral is this saturday.
Please feel free to attend if you wish.

I shall still be on the meet site from Friday and will remember our brother from afar.
Tom

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks, i was just wondering if anyone fancies doing anything they have'nt tried before, as i could bring some materials along so people can have a go.
Maybe carving netting needles, have a go at netting, coil basketry, cordage, plant walk or whatever, making natural containers and such like.

Anyway just a thought.

Sorry to hear about Stuart69, my thoughts go out to his family.

Cheers Stuart.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Hi folks, i was just wondering if anyone fancies doing anything they have'nt tried before, as i could bring some materials along so people can have a go.
Maybe carving netting needles, have a go at netting, coil basketry, cordage, plant walk or whatever, making natural containers and such like.

Anyway just a thought.

Sorry to hear about Stuart69, my thoughts go out to his family.

Cheers Stuart.

Plant walk would be good for me.

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
It's a real shame we cant make stuart's funeral ,,, but we will all have a toast to his memory , as he was one of us ,, rest in peace brother ...

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Cracking area Glen Trool. Stayed at Caldons back when it was open as a kid. Summer, warm and wet weather... Midges!! Cracking holiday. Been back to the area many, many times since. Wish I could make it as I love and know the area well. Would have been my second or third meet but after meeting some of you at Comrie a good year and half ago. Lightweight gear talk with Colin and others was interesting.

I hope you have a great time up there. Hope I can make it another time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE