Getting around.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I stopped to wonder this morning, why I don't go wild camping as much as I used to when I was a student.

My first thought was "I have less time" but frankly that is not the truth.

I certainly now have better equipment and income. I also have the means to travel with much better reliability, I used to have to hitch hike everywhere....

Then it struck me. That's exactly the problem...... :togo:

These days if I want to get out into the wilds I have to find somewhere safe to leave the van for a few days. When I hitched it was no problem.

I didn't have to plan circular routes either because I could get a lift from where ever I ended up.

Hitch hiking gave me far more freedom than driving anyday...

So getting to the point (at last I hear you say ) Do I return to hitching twenty years after I last tried it or have any of you come up with more ingenious solutions to this problem?

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
we where supposed to be going to the Lakes tonight - 1 wimped out, another half stuff to do for work, I've more college stuff. End result another weekend missed.

It never stops surprising me how much we moan aabout not getting out, yet when we've cleared a trip with families etc we don'thalf tall ourselves out of it!

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
The train is your friend.

It can get you to the start of the Pennine way, the beginning, middle and end of the west highland way, Corrour - in the middle of nowhere- and Mallaig or Oban for the boat to wherever......

I

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE