Genuine Autosocks (snow socks for yer motor), size 645, never used

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FoxyRick

Forager
Feb 11, 2007
Rossendale, England
I bought myself a new set of Autosocks for last winter because my previous set was getting a bit frayed. Then it didn't snow properly for the first time in five years. Now I've got a new car with different sized tyres. D'oh!

So, I have for trade a pair of never-even-taken-out-of-the-bag, genuine autosocks, size 645. That's medium-ish, my tyres were 205/55 R17 but the socks will fit a range of sizes. See here for sizes: http://www.roofbox.co.uk/car-snow-socks/ASsize.php

They sell for £65 plus postage from the shops, but seem to go around 35-ish on eBay, so swaps around that sort of value. I've no idea what I want though... something sharp or bushie, obviously, or WHY...

A bit of info on the autosocks: They really work very well indeed. I live at the top of a very steep (double chevrons on an OS map), twisty and narrow road, and have been completely snowed in (and even worse, out) several times because the car simply couldn't hold on the slope or get up it, even in reverse. With the socks on, I've only once not managed to get up the hill (snow nearly a foot deep) and getting down it is considerably less terrifying. Driving on the flat in the white stuff with the socks on is easy peasy. Unlike chains, snowsocks don't cause problems if you drive on patches of bare road with them. They're not as good as proper winter rubber of course, but they do work remarkably well.

Last edited:

FoxyRick

Forager
Feb 11, 2007
Rossendale, England
I've just put this on ebay, and checked the price they go for on there. Wish they had been on there that cheap when I bought mine!

So, rethink the trade value to around £35-ish.

Just to be clear - I can pull it from ebay (until it is sold of course) for a trade here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE