Gelert Base Rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Like many I wanted a nice rugged backpack to carry all my precious kit. I was recomended a Karrimor Sabre. The Sabre looked fantastic but was just too far out of my price range. Instead I bought this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gelert-55L-..._1_8?ie=UTF8&s=clothing&qid=1228931095&sr=8-8

Instead of the £50 being sold for here I found it for £26 on ebay. I couldn't be happier with it.

The toughness is superb I've taken it out on several night exercises for CCF and it's held comfortable:

Sleeping Bag
Role matt (outside of bag)
Axe (outside of bag)
Mess tins
Rations
Fire starting equipment (tinder, firesteels and hexy blocks)
Spare boots
3 days worth of spare clothes
and a few other essentials. (head torches water bottles etc..)

Also it has a great orange rain cover that is packed up and stored in a tiny compartment in the bottom, it's always attached to the bag so it can't blow away (useful on the mores!)

The frame I found brilliant because it is a very central position on the back, anyone who's tried to go through the woods with one of those massive hiking backpacks on will know how anoying it is to fall bottom over tit when you get caught on a branch. I also found it light on my back which had an injury a few years ago and used to wreck when I put on a heavy burgen.

thoroughly recomended.
Hope this helped
Wilderbeast Will

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Like many I wanted a nice rugged backpack to carry all my precious kit. I was recomended a Karrimor Sabre. The Sabre looked fantastic but was just too far out of my price range. Instead I bought this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gelert-55L-..._1_8?ie=UTF8&s=clothing&qid=1228931095&sr=8-8

Instead of the £50 being sold for here I found it for £26 on ebay. I couldn't be happier with it.

The toughness is superb I've taken it out on several night exercises for CCF and it's held comfortable:

Sleeping Bag
Role matt (outside of bag)
Axe (outside of bag)
Mess tins
Rations
Fire starting equipment (tinder, firesteels and hexy blocks)
Spare boots
3 days worth of spare clothes
and a few other essentials. (head torches water bottles etc..)

Also it has a great orange rain cover that is packed up and stored in a tiny compartment in the bottom, it's always attached to the bag so it can't blow away (useful on the mores!)

The frame I found brilliant because it is a very central position on the back, anyone who's tried to go through the woods with one of those massive hiking backpacks on will know how anoying it is to fall bottom over tit when you get caught on a branch. I also found it light on my back which had an injury a few years ago and used to wreck when I put on a heavy burgen.

thoroughly recomended.
Hope this helped
Wilderbeast Will

Spare boots?
Three days clothes?

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
yeah I always take spare clothes so if they get wet & I have something to wear while they dry out, and solid muddy clothes are no longer camoflage also I have to take clean parade gear. I take spare boots because I have to arrive on parade after exercise so one pair is a drill pair!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
yeah I always take spare clothes so if they get wet & I have something to wear while they dry out, and solid muddy clothes are no longer camoflage also I have to take clean parade gear. I take spare boots because I have to arrive on parade after exercise so one pair is a drill pair!

Dry clothes yes, three days worth?

Do you not have time to get changed before parade?

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
sometimes I do, but we're moving from the point here, 3 days worth of clothes for me is:
underwaer x3
socks x3
trousers x2
t-shirts x2

should also mention that I use a compression sck for these and I can't imagine it would fit more than 2 hefty jackets in it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE