garmin foretrex 301 personal sat nav

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Salaud

Nomad
Aug 24, 2011
isle of man
Garmin foretrex 301

A couple of small scratches to the screen as you can see in the piccy, otherwise perfect
View attachment 24101

I am looking for an axe, i.e gb, wetterlings, hultafors, only thing is must be around 20" handle and 1.5lb head, as will be used for sapling felling and small log splitting but needs to be carried in to the site so I dont really want anything much bigger than the specs I have asked for.

here is some info on the gps

Garmin Foretrex 301 GPS Watch

Cleverly simple, the Foretrex 301 is a wrist-mounted GPS navigator perfect for outdoor activities that require the use of both hands. Foretrex 301 combines a high-sensitivity GPS receiver, rugged, waterproof design and USB interface into a lightweight device ideal for hikers, skiers, campers and military personnel.

Garmin Foretrex 301: Easy-to-view location data
Retrace Your Steps

No matter where your adventure takes you, you'll never worry about getting lost with the Foretrex 301. Foretrex keeps track of your path and displays it as a dotted trail on the screen. Just turn on Foretrex's TracBack® feature, and you can retrace your path back to where you started. You can save locations in memory as waypoints (up to 500 of them), so you can always find your way back to any important place, like your campsite or vehicle. And with up to 18 hours of battery life and replaceable AAA batteries, you'll never worry about making it back.
Time yourself

Foretrex 301 includes a timer so you can record how fast you've gone – whether that's down a ski slope, over rapids, or across country on a run.

Garmin Foretrex 301: Time yourself
Track Your Data

Foretrex 301 lets you combine several waypoints to create and store routes to all of your favourite places. It also provides other helpful information to help with navigation, including a trip computer, sunrise/sunset times and hunting and fishing information. To keep track of your trip, connect your Foretrex to your PC or Mac® with USB to store your waypoints, routes and tracks on your computer.

The main menu gives you access to set up screens including waypoints tracks and routes. It also displays the current date and time along the top of the screen.
Navigate

Your position on the map is represented by a little man icon. As you travel, the position icon moves and leaves a track log (trail). Waypoint names and symbols are also shown on the map. Foretrex automatically rotates the map as you move so that waypoints ahead of you always appear above your position. The heading indicator shows the direction you are heading. It is also possible to view the map with the North up – just go to the menu and select, map detail followed by map orientation to choose how you want it displayed.

It is also possible to measure distance from one waypoint to another. The total distance between the two points and the estimated travel time appear at the bottom of the page.
Be guided

The compass page guides you to your destination by displaying a compass and bearing pointer. When you are navigating to a specific location, the compass page displays the name of the location, two data fields that display distance to final destination and speed, and a direction arrow in the compass ring. Follow the arrow to navigate.

The trip computer shows your current speed, average speed, maximum speed, trip odometer and other helpful statistics.

Salaud

Nomad
Aug 24, 2011
isle of man
Weekend bump.....if you want it but dont have an axe for swap, then try me with what you have, or I could sell for around £60

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE