Game/surveillance camera

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Not sure if anyone on here has a Lidl camera but if you have a look at this thread

https://bushcraftuk.com/community/i...ldlife-photos-and-videos.148361/#post-1848109

you can see what other people have and some of the results.

Lots of very similar cameras out there (probably all made in the same factory in China) - I use a £60ish Crenova from Amazon and have been pleased with the results.

Have you bought a Lidl camera or are you thinking of buying one?

worried giftgiver

Jul 6, 2018
Scotland
Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Not sure if anyone on here has a Lidl camera but if you have a look at this thread

https://bushcraftuk.com/community/i...ldlife-photos-and-videos.148361/#post-1848109

you can see what other people have and some of the results.

Lots of very similar cameras out there (probably all made in the same factory in China) - I use a £60ish Crenova from Amazon and have been pleased with the results.

Have you bought a Lidl camera or are you thinking of buying one?
Ah yes thanks for reply
I bought one as a gift. It seemed to be just perfect at catching the nocturnal goings on in the garden about the bird feeders. It then started just taking a video on being set up and dismantled. Wondered if as it was very hot the differential of heat from wee birds and background temp was too slight

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Ah yes thanks for reply
I bought one as a gift. It seemed to be just perfect at catching the nocturnal goings on in the garden about the bird feeders. It then started just taking a video on being set up and dismantled. Wondered if as it was very hot the differential of heat from wee birds and background temp was too slight

These cameras work by shining invisible infra red light on the subject (in practice you can often see a dull red glow from the illumination), not by thermal imaging so the temperature of the subject and background should not be relevant.

Small skittish subjects like birds can be a bit challenging and setting them up for best results is as much an art as a science. Test it by setting it up and walking past it at different ranges and speeds and get a feel for how quickly it reacts. You should be able to choose between still shots and video and may be able to tweak the reaction times.

If all else fails, try reading the instruction manual and if that doesn’t work check the guarantee - Lidl and Aldi usually have decent no quibble guarantees and if necessary you now have strong rights under the Consumer Rights Act, particularly within the first 30 days from purchase.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE