Fox 1 v Hunter 0

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
Yes, there is the chance. But if it did happen, would you not agree that that would be terrible for the hunter. Are you advocating that it would be OK?

Gordy
I don't think he's advocating anything, only stating there is a risk. I think you're just being overly defensive, chill!

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
As above, I'm pointing out there's a risk. Whether it's OK or not, well I can't answer that, but the hunter has no-one else to blame but himself.

If I was to throw a rock to try and kill / knock out a bird in order to eat it, and I miss and the rock re-bounds and whacks me in the teeth is that OK? I'd say it is and it's my own stupid fault for throwing a rock in the first place, and I have no-one else to blame.

P.S Are you the hunter in the article? Or have you been shot by your prey? :)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
But just as easily taken in the context of an anti-hunting drivel. I will admit that I do have difficulty with British humor.

Gordy

I think there's a right way and a wrong way to do things. When you get shot by a fox and your own rifle you're doing things wrong...

Perhaps it's re-addressing a balance and people like that shouldn't be walking around with loaded rifles. Rather unfortunate accident but he didn't die, so no sympathy here.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
P.S Are you the hunter in the article? Or have you been shot by your prey? :)

No!

As a certified Hunter Education Instructor for the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, I am required, by law, to cover the previous year's Hunting Incident Report. It is presented in a manner that places emphasis on safety to prevent future incidents while hunting. It also is presented in a respectful manner in regards to the victims. The report covers fatal and non-fatal incidents.

This is why my intrest in the "hunter being shot" as posted above.

Gordy

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
No!

As a certified Hunter Education Instructor for the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, I am required, by law, to cover the previous year's Hunting Incident Report. It is presented in a manner that places emphasis on safety to prevent future incidents while hunting. It also is presented in a respectful manner in regards to the victims. The report covers fatal and non-fatal incidents.

Gordy

How many of those are shot by their own prey?

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
No!

Gordy

Just yanking your chain Gordy. The job you have sounds extremely interesting, and a great oppurtunity to be outdoors. I'm envious. You have to admit though, a hunter being shot by a fox which he himself was trying to kill (especially in the manner in which he was trying to kill it) is rather worrying, and in my opinion rather funny.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Just yanking your chain Gordy. The job you have sounds extremely interesting, and a great oppurtunity to be outdoors. I'm envious. You have to admit though, a hunter being shot by a fox which he himself was trying to kill (especially in the manner in which he was trying to kill it) is rather worrying, and in my opinion rather funny.

It's all good. The Hunter Ed Instructors for Virgina are volunteers. There is a very thorough training and assessment curriculum to become certified, in addition to qarterly advanced training for instructors. The curriculum is mandated by the Virginia General Assembly and facilitated through the VDGIF. I do not work for VDGIF. I've been in park maintenance for the better part of 25 years.

Gordy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE