Flint and Steel 'Kits'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
Somewhere I've seen some ready-made firesteel, flint and tinder kits for sale, but I can't remember where! I figure someone here will know - I want to get one (or make one up) for a high-tech kit obsessed pal of mine for Christmas. I've seen some on the Web, but only in the states; ideally I'm after a UK supplier.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Or you could wait for Jason01 to drop by, even PM him.
He does a great steel, flint and piece of charcloth, all in a leather bag for a very reasonable sum.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
Thanks everybody - this should keep him quiet for the Chrimbo holidays, and, perhaps, provide an introduction to a more sustainable way of doing things.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I would say go with Jason's kit, his firesteel is excellent work, and a bit of flint and some charcloth to get you going is a good deal too. My firesteel creates a lovely shower of sparks and I got my charcloth going straight away, not bad for someone who had never used one before.

We had a bit of a nightmare with the first one going missing in the post, but Jason sent me another with no extra charge. His service is fantastic and the second flint and steel got to me very quickly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE