Flint and antler

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
Living in the area that I live in it is really hard to come up with things such as flint and antler. If anyone would like to trade a big peice of flint or antler, preferably very hefty, I could trade them spoons, bowls, bark containers,fishing lures etc.I will post a sample picture shortly. :thanks:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Be patient and it will come to you. There's a few members that have access to some good flint. IF you need it straight away then fair enough but if it's not really urgent se if you can get to a meet up somewhere and arrange for some flint.

M

Millbilly

Tony said:
Be patient and it will come to you. There's a few members that have access to some good flint. IF you need it straight away then fair enough but if it's not really urgent se if you can get to a meet up somewhere and arrange for some flint.

Im with Tony on this one...
Not to knock the bloke for trying to make a few quid (we all have to get by) but it does seem a shame to shell out your hard earned for somethng that can be found lying around, and that most members would probabley gladly just give you.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Ralph,

I don't know if you got my PM, but if you can wait until the New Year then I can bring up a box full, my car suspesion taken into account that is ;)

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Hi Ralph, Your profile says you are from Northants.I'm in Miltonon Keynes and can get flint no problem. If you want some (From the beach at Lowestoft next to my girlfriends house) let me know and I'll get some home. If you are in the Southern end of Northants it shouldn't be far for us to meet up and exchange. P.M me if you want some flint.

Ralph said:
Living in the area that I live in it is really hard to come up with things such as flint and antler. If anyone would like to trade a big peice of flint or antler, preferably very hefty, I could trade them spoons, bowls, bark containers,fishing lures etc.I will post a sample picture shortly. :thanks:

What size flint or chert color etc... im in usa shipping would be $$$$$$$$$

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Hi, where I live there are 7,000 red deer so I've got some antler in the shed and can find more on the hills.

Drop me a PM and tell me what you need. I get over fairly regularly, to Glasgow/ Liverpool/ Oxford/ London.

George :)

mrstorey

Forager
Ralph,

There's plenty of flint just down the road from you in the Chilterns.

I'll be walking there in the New Year. If you're happy to pay postage, I'd be happy to pick you up some likely looking bits and send 'em up to you...

Michael.

Rod

On a new journey
Hi Ralph,

If you can wait to the Spring when the Fallow deer shed their antlers you should come down to our neck of the woods - the Chilterns "Chapter" of BCUK - (includes Longstrider and self) will be able to show you where you can pick flint and antler up off the ground 'like leaves in the autumn'.

Like Tony says: "Everything comes to him who waits"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE