Fit for a Viking...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Just got this Brusletto Norron in the mail. What I got was well beyond my expectations. Beauty, style, and function all in one. This would make a great bushcraft knife. My only criticism is that if your hands are very large, you might not like it. Mine are med/large and it's quite comfortable. Perfect for me. The taper with the knob on the end make it easy to hang on to when making heavy cuts into wood.

norron1b.jpg

norron2b.jpg

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
It is indeed a lovely knife, I got one a few months back. I really Like the Brusletto range and am currently making my own Granbit. I am thinking that I might like to add a Troll and Middelalder to the collection too.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Bardster said:
It is indeed a lovely knife, I got one a few months back. I really Like the Brusletto range and am currently making my own Granbit. I am thinking that I might like to add a Troll and Middelalder to the collection too.
Their knives are good, but a little pricier than a plainer but just as functional equivalent. I have a Rognald that is excellent but has a terrible terrible sheath. The plastic inserts are very tacky too :rolleyes: Personally I think they make good knives but are a little pretentious with all the style - many of the knives have artificial features and often have nothing to do with their name and blurb on the box.
I'd put quality on a par with Helle and above Strømeng, if I may make so bold.
Ahem, enough reviewing! Looks very nice Hoodoo. I've heard good things about the Norron. Out of interest, how long is it?

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
arctic hobo said:
Their knives are good, but a little pricier than a plainer but just as functional equivalent. I have a Rognald that is excellent but has a terrible terrible sheath. The plastic inserts are very tacky too :rolleyes: Personally I think they make good knives but are a little pretentious with all the style - many of the knives have artificial features and often have nothing to do with their name and blurb on the box.
I'd put quality on a par with Helle and above Strømeng, if I may make so bold.
Ahem, enough reviewing! Looks very nice Hoodoo. I've heard good things about the Norron. Out of interest, how long is it?
I agree about the price, the granbit is about £50 for example, but to buy the bits and make your own handle is only £20 - plus you have the fun of choosing your own wood and making it yourself :D

the Norron is a tad over 20cm and the blade is 9cm
http://www.brusletto.no/

Jan 18, 2005
Bucks
Lovley looking thing. I like the composite handle and it has a nice general shape. On the downside i think the sig on the blade is too big and a bit vulgar.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Lord Farquhar said:
Lovley looking thing. I like the composite handle and it has a nice general shape. On the downside i think the sig on the blade is too big and a bit vulgar.

a bit of a wipe with metal polish and you are just left with the ghost of it :)

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Tack said:
Hoodoo,
You've been doing some serious collecting lately. Have you won the lottery?
Excellent knives by the way.
Tack
My plan is to run my credit card up to the max and then win the lottery. :D

greg2935

Nomad
Oct 27, 2004
Exeter
I've been using one of those for a few years now, fantastic knife, holds an edge for a long time, and has a really nice feel for carving, skinning, general work: have even started to use it for eating. Only gripe was that the two rivets holding the sheeth to the "belt loop" came off last weekend - bad design there. Am sewing it back on this time.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Thanks for the heads up on those rivets. I've never been partial to rivets in sheaths anyway, unless they are the old style where you use a piece of annealed copper or brass and pean the ends over with a hammer.

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
This knife is now discontinued due to an inherent weakness in the composition. the tang of the noron blade is actually short so they decided thet they would reiforce it in another way.
Sad really but it is often the case on multi part knives.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Dave Barker said:
This knife is now discontinued due to an inherent weakness in the composition. the tang of the noron blade is actually short so they decided thet they would reiforce it in another way.
Sad really but it is often the case on multi part knives.

Dave, thanks for the heads up on this. I noticed the Norron is still on the Brusletto website so I contacted them to see what the story is. They responded very quickly.

I reckon I will keep this knife close to home. :)

Hello!
The Norron is still in production. If a knife is discontinued it is because of low sales and not something we can fix. We have in the past had some problems with this knife, since the knife is made of so many peaces, but as with all of our knives, we replace a knife if it is broken.

Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards,
Helge B.Brusletto
Brusletto & Co A/S
3580 Geilo

leon-1

Thanks, I have a Brusletto that I have never had a fault with, but it is interesting to know what thier customer service would be like (it is a little older now having had it for 13 years and then some).

I can't find it on thier site anymore, it went missing a few years ago, it has seen a lot of use, but is still in better condition than a lot of knives that I have owned. So it seems that Brusletto's certainly stand the test of time well enough.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE