First stock removal blade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gumbob

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2005
Ayrshire
Hi,
Just thought I would show you guys my first attempt at a bushcraft style stock removal blade. It has been made from 3mm O1 tool steel and heat treaded by Lord Farquhar over on the british blades site. The grinds are not perfect but I'm pretty happy with them as they were done completely with hand tools.
I plan to handle it with a bit of masur birch and brass liners and pins.
Have a look and let me know what you think. All coments and criticism welcome.
IMGP0777-copy.jpg

Cheers...Gumbob

L

Lost_Patrol

Very nice indeed :) I especially like the liners - never seen brass ones before.

Gumbob

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2005
Ayrshire
Thanks for the kind words.

The brass liners help to push the balance back towards the butt slightly and lets the knife sit nicely in the hand. I'm pretty pleased with the finished article. I'm sure this wont be my last one though ;)

jdlenton, Wasn't really watching the time mate but I reckon incuding making the blade and then the handle you would be looking at 10 to 12 hours. Thats not including the heat treating as Lord Farquhar kindly took care of that for me. :You_Rock_

Regards...Ian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE