First proper sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blackshuck

Apr 29, 2007
Suffolk / Cambs border
I made this knife recently and thought it was high time I should make a proper wet moulded sheath. I've played around with thin cheap leather and made a couple of sheaths
before but this was the first attempt with "real" 4mm veg tanned shoulder from Le Prevo.

DSCF4237.jpg

DSCF4231.jpg

DSCF4230.jpg

DSCF4228.jpg

DSCF4234.jpg

DSCF4235.jpg

DSCF4236.jpg

The leather was surprisingly easy to work, once I'd taken the plunge and marked out a shape using a cardboard template.
It's probably not the proper style for a scandi style knife but I was happy working with that design. The welt is also a bit wide (but I quite like the proportions) I stitched the loop then glued the welt and glued the whole thing together.

I used a groover then spaced the stitch holes with an over stitch wheel. The holes were drilled then stitched with waxed linen thread.
I wet moulded the fit then oil dyed it prior to waxing

What do you think?

David:)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I like it David! :D - cracking job mate and for your first proper sheath all the more impressive! ;)

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
yhat sheath looks as sturdy as they come, great looking knife as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE