First post - Sabre 45

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 20, 2016
North Wales
Hi all, this is my first post as I'm new to the forum and new to bushcraft in general. I'm starting to develop my bits of kit and wondered if all the positive reviews about the KarrimorSF Sabre 45 can be true. Can a pack really be this good? I am happy to invest the money but wondered if there are any other people out there who have it and their opinions on it. Apologies if this has been asked numerous time before.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
It's a good pack for sure... I don't think it has anything that is truly excellent but what it does is everything very well. Nothing about it is bad.

I had one for a long time but moved to Lowe alpine because for me, it's more comfortable but the sabre 45 is still comfortable, it's very durable and has a very usable dimensions.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Great packs, very robust. But depending on how tall you are and your back length, the 45l version may sit a tad high when carrying it.

I own it's big brother the 75l version.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
I've been back and forth on the Sabre 45. I got one and decided it wasn't for me, sold it, then later decided it was for me and got another. So currently it's my main pack.

Advantages:
- very robust
- OD colour
- comfortable for me (I'm 5'6")
- removable pockets
- big top pocket, holds my waterproofs

Disadvantages:
- narrows at the top - can make loading tricky for larger items - like the dry bag with my sleep system
- with pockets it's very wide
- it's not very tall, so won't fit longer objects like my Sven saw internally (my older pack did)
- not as many external attachment points as some other bags
- NOT a lightweight pack

It's a good pack, but it's not magic, and won't be right for everyone. Your best bet is to try one out in a shop, and see if it suits you. It's a popular pack, so If you get one and decide it's not for you, you can probably sell it here, but obviously at some loss.

Last edited:

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
It's a great pack but I wish it had a floating lid. Come to think of it I'm not a big fan of side pockets either. Less is more sometimes.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I have the Sabre 60-100. Adjustable back, amazing load bearing to the hips, the ability to take side pouches and about perfect in my eyes. All I wish is that PRI made a similar 40-55 pack with the attached elasticated side pouches of the 60-100 and optional accessory side pouches that were about half the size of the currently available PLCE version. If their packs also had decent sized pockets on the hip belt then I'd be a happy chappy. :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have the 45 and its a great pack. But i want the lovechild explained below.

For me the pack is just a bit too small for my usual woods trips were I am hauling tools and things to play with.

I have the Sabre 60-100. Adjustable back, amazing load bearing to the hips, the ability to take side pouches and about perfect in my eyes. All I wish is that PRI made a similar 40-55 pack with the attached elasticated side pouches of the 60-100 and optional accessory side pouches that were about half the size of the currently available PLCE version. If their packs also had decent sized pockets on the hip belt then I'd be a happy chappy. :)

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
Nohoval_Turrets has it pretty spot on, though i wouldn't say a lack of attachment points on the outside is a negative. There are a few, and it's better than full molle which just adds weight imo for practically no added value (I find attaching things on the outside, unless they are very light, unbalances a pack too much). I have the pack and side pockets and find it pretty comfortable, but would like something a bit lighter when i have to walk a distance ;).

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Over the years I have accumulated a Sabre 30, Sabre 45, Delta 35, Sabre 65-100. They are all pretty good to be honest – very strong and robust, and utterly dependable.
However, I also have a number of other daysacks, and the one that I really rate at the moment – my favourite by far – is a 5.11 Rush 24 – it’s just stunning. A zipped ‘clamshell’ type pack – so it opens right up to allow easy finding and organising of kit, lots of internal mesh pockets, bladder pocket, front pockets with yet more internal pockets and organisers. It’s just a little more sophisticated than the more ‘traditional’ design of the Karrimor SF day sacks, yet is every bit as tough.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Just noticed Sports Direct are doing it for £50 as well (I think SD and F&T may now be one and the same). I remember a long time ago when F&T had one shop (IIRC) in Brentwood.

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Sounds fabulous...just today, on either website though, can't find it less than £99.99....the above link "not found"?

Hope a good Christmas was had by all..............?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE