First Midlands Meet 2008.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Continuing from this thread: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=362039&posted=1#post362039

Fees: http://www.roughclose.org.uk/attachments/RC Price List 08.pdf (Unfortunately the fees went up from £3.00 to £3.60 per person per night as of 01/01/2008 :( ).

Date: Yet to be decided - Awaiting discussion - What is best for you?

Terms and booking conditions: terms and conditions. The location we have been using is a Scout County Campsite. Please remember that all those who attend a Meet at this site should be suitable to be around those under the age of 18 (This includes any current allegations or investigations!) - '20. The Scout Association “Young People First” – Child Protection will apply, where Groups or Organisations have none. Copy may be seen in the office.'

If you're interested in coming to the next Meet please copy and paste the list below (add your own name and any preferred date or dates) into your 'I'm interested post'. At the moment this list is solely to gain an idea of how many are interested and adding your name is not a commitment to come :cool: .

1) Decorum - possibly +1 - no preferred date - 1 Hammock.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Im up for it 1 hammock no preference to dates how many nights were you thinking or how many do you usually book I'll just go with the flow....

Oct 21, 2006
Birmingham
1) Decorum - possibly +1 - no preferred date - 1 Hammock.[/quote]

2] xylaria +2 children depending on weather +mayby 1 adult, all in hammocks

3) Woodstock - no prefered date - 1 hammock

4) Bushcraft Bailey - no prefered date - hammock (if i get one in time)

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Im up for it 1 hammock no preference to dates how many nights were you thinking or how many do you usually book I'll just go with the flow....

1) Decorum - possibly +1 - no preferred date - 1 Hammock.[/quote]

3 woodstock no preference 1 hammock

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I think posts and posting got a bit cross wired between woodstock and Bushcraft Bailey just then :confused: . I hope this sorts it out :D .

JonBaker

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne

5) JonBaker - earliest I can do is 22nd, 23rd February - if that is too late not to worry - will be tarp

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.

5) JonBaker - earliest I can do is 22nd, 23rd February - if that is too late not to worry - will be tarp

6) Humpback - most w/e after 2nd3rd Feb - hammock.

Taa Alan

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else

4) Bushcraft Bailey - no prefered date - hammock (if i get one in time)[/QUOTE]

I have a spare DD camping hammock you can borrow if you don't yours on time

N

Neolithic

Decorum - possibly +1 - no preferred date - 1 Hammock.

7) Neolithic +1 - tent (bah!) lol No preferred dates.

skint

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2007
Leicestershire
Decorum - possibly +1 - no preferred date - 1 Hammock.

7) Neolithic +1 - tent (bah!) lol No preferred dates.

8) Skint (hammock) + 1 (tent) +2 possibles (tent). No preferred date.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Very pleased to see the level of interest so far.

So that we can try to accommodate as many as possible it looks like we'll be looking at a March Meet; but not the w/e of 14-16.

Although it's a fair way off I'd suggest, because it's a long weekend, the w/e 21st March. A stumbling block is that although it wouldn’t clash with the Middlewood Meet (which, subject to confirmation, is set for the following w/e) it’s probably too close - I'd prefer to give the opportunity to go to both Meets than force people to choose.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Very pleased to see the level of interest so far.

So that we can try to accommodate as many as possible it looks like we'll be looking at a March Meet; but not the w/e of 14-16.

Although it's a fair way off I'd suggest, because it's a long weekend, the w/e 21st March. A stumbling block is that although it wouldn’t clash with the Middlewood Meet (which, subject to confirmation, is set for the following w/e) it’s probably too close - I'd prefer to give the opportunity to go to both Meets than force people to choose.

That suits me one or both if I can talk one of the senior care staff into to covering my shift

Oct 21, 2006
Birmingham
I am just waiting to see what everyone else thinks with regards to dates, i can't make the weekend of the 21st, but wouldn't want to throw a spanner in...if it suits everyone else, i may even be able to pop down for a few hours on the evening.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Bodge,

As it happens I'd been keeping an eye on the thread but thankyou for taking the time to pass on the info.

Hi Bushcraft Bailey,

I apologise ahead of time if this seems like I'm *having a go* at you.

The problem with waiting for others to speak up is that it can end up with everyone doing it. After all is said and done there's no point me dictating a date that is unsuitable to anyone but me (and it's a tad difficult to have a Meet on your own :eek: ). To reiterate what I said in a previous post - I want to try to accomodate the members of this forum as best I can. I make no promises; other than to try to do my best.
So please, if a weekend isn't suitable, feel free to speak up and voice an alternative date (or dates) which would be more suitable to yourself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE