First camp out of the year

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 29, 2008
Kent
Hi there,

So on tuesday a friend and I decided to do our fist camp out of the year. I know the owner of a local woods (5minutes down my road) so we packed our bags and off we went.

woodssmalll.jpg

We walked around a bit till we found a nice spot (on top of the slope, plenty of dead wood, nice big dead tree to climb :p )...

DSC07107Small.jpg

...and set up our camp for the night...

DSC07102Small.jpg

My family supprised us in the dark but did bring milk and hot chocolate poweder which was good :D
Heating the milk:
DSC07054Small.jpg

Evil dog and my 'rents:
DSC07040Small.jpg

They left so we stoked up the fire and got some sleep..
DSC07081Small.jpg

It was freeeezing(!!) so we got the fire going straight away in the morning, thank god for embers and firelighters (lazy sorry)...
DSC07097Small.jpg

Sunrise:
DSC07099Small.jpg

Camp in the morning:
DSC07104Small.jpg

Packed up and ready to go:
DSC07105Small.jpg

We had a wicked time, was a bit cold but well worth it. Im looking forward to the summer and spending a whole week out in the woods!

Thanks for looking!

p.s. the porridge at breakfast was the BEST EVER. 2 cups of porridge oats, 4 1/2 teaspoons dried milk, same of sugar (added after cooking) then some lumps of apple. Delicious :D

few more pics at http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/zazerhj/camping/

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Looks like a great night out Zazer, thanks for sharing the pics mate.
I'd love to have a whole week in the woods but all I can manage at the moment is the odd weekend (SWMBO).

Kim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE