First Aid Courses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I am looking for a first aid course with, obviously, emphasis on the wilderness and the outdoors. However I am on a very tight budget. Could anybody recommend me any schools?

The cheapest wilderness ones I have found is the RGS at £188 and possibly a £50 bursary. However there are some 'work place' first aid courses at more like £30 (that's more like it!) but I don't know how useful this will be comparitively with a wilderness course?

I remember a while back there was an offer for BCUK members--Forest Knights I think it was? I remember thinking back then it seems expensive but looking at the alternatives I think it was a good price! Does anybody know if such an offer will be on again in the future?

Ideally I would want to take such a course before the summer

Many thanks!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This might not be what you're looking for, but I think you might get more out of the Wilderness/ Bushcraft type first aid course if you have a good solid grounding in the stuff first.
The local St Andrew's Ambulance Brigade (don't know the equivalent in your area, St. John's?) do very good courses at incredibly cheap costs. Might be worth investigating.
Our local group did really cheap rates for teenagers too, £35 for 10 weeks, two hours a night and that included the manual and a test (and if it was passed ) certificate at the end.

Good luck with it all,

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE