Fire steel necklace

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
R

richgg

Hi Everyone,
This is my new Firesteel Necklace i thought it was a good idea so it is easily exessable and wont get lost.
I had lots of smaller scout type ferro rods left from a purchace i made thinking they were the lager type and came up with these.
What do you think ?
DSCF1203.jpg

Rich.
New forest bushcraft.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Hi Everyone,
This is my new Firesteel Necklace i thought it was a good idea so it is easily exessable and wont get lost.
I had lots of smaller scout type ferro rods left from a purchace i made thinking they were the lager type and came up with these.
What do you think ?

Rich.
New forest bushcraft.

Can't see the creation I'm afraid:( :(

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Can't see it Rich, drop me a pm if you need a hand posting pics.

Nice!
I was thinking of doing something similar, but without a handle on the rod. I thought I'd drill through the rod and attach one of those quick release keyring jobbies. How easy/hard is it to drill through one of the thicker firesteel rods? Just ordered some off ebay, so I can't have a play around yet.
Cheers,
J

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
drilling it would be ok - but you'll need to put it in a vice to keep it still - a drill press would be easier. i think if there is a problem, it would be drilling a big enough hole to get the key-ring through while leaving enough of the rod on each side - depends how big the keyring is!
keep the drill speed slow

R

richgg

Thank you everyone.

Hi Fred,
I make the necklaces myself i have just imported loads of firesteel blanks small 65mm x 6.5 and also 9 x 80 mm rods from japan and have been making ones with handels and home made strikers and allso the necklaces you see here and selling them on my web site and ebay.
The cord itself is bought from a local hobby craft store it is a leather look alike but you can get it in leather and then i buy the bits and bobs to make them from there also.
The wood is from verious sources, these are a soft wood handel but the bigger rods have a new forest ash handel or some african hardwood i have only just stated really and will have to see what interest i get in them and keep coming up with new things.

rich.

www.newforestbushcraft.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE