Finland trip, March 2013 - planning and preperation.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
First attempt at skiing on the lake today,It's ok if I stick to the skidoo tracks but the skis are too thin for the powder snow. Just had a blue cheese and kebab meat calzone pizza! Out on the lake tomorrow until Wednesday

L8starter

Forager
Mar 6, 2011
norwich, uk
having spent time in the area at this time of year i have been in awe since i started reading this thread a few days ago. ive just looked at the spot checker tho and am mightily impressed. looks as tho his confidence in the ice has zoomed. awesome trip

Elen Sentier

I'm beyond anxious, I'm at the stage where I just don't care anymore, what' s the worse that can happen? Ok I could slip on the ice and break a leg, then crawl to the nearest road and get run over by a Russian truck driver then raped by a horny bear, mauled by wolverine then I could drown in an icy river and my corpse could be nibbled by perch before being washed ashore and gnawed by wolves. Nothing to worry about really.

Sounds like you're gonna have a load of fun :lmao: - have a really good one, Bob :cool:

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
The weather has been good for late-winter activity in Finland for the past week. The day temperatures have been ranging from -5 to -20 centigrade and night temperatures from -15 to -30 centigrade.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Spot tracker shows Bob back in Inari so must be nearly home time. The tracks look epic going far out on the ice. Maybe that was the dogsled trip. Cant wait to see the pics

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Staying in a hotel tonight, taxi to airport booked for the morning. thank god that's over! (Not) I will be back next year for the real thing after this year's rehearsal

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
How did the Dog Sledding go ?

I think it's going to turn into an expensive hobby!

DSC02248.JPG

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE