Finally in the Canvas and Leather gang! (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geebe

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2012
Dublin
After many months of admiring some of the gorgeous packs you guys have, the internet gave me this one. It was made in France in 1962 by Lafuma and as far as I can tell (and according to the seller), it has never been used. It is a real beauty (if you are into that sort of thing).

I think it has a certain je ne sais quois, with its green leather straps and trim with matching green buckles.

The build quality seems excellent. It is in pretty much perfect condition. The leather is all good, if slightly dry and the canvas has only a few light marks from storage.

The two outside pockets are big enough for a 1 litre Thermos with room left over. The inside has no pockets or dividers (unfortunately) and I estimate it to be around 40l capacity. The main straps are nice and long and there are two extra straps on top and two on the bottom for bedrolls or whatever. There are also attachment straps on either side.

I am very happy with it. :cool:

What do you guys think?

lafuma_01_zpsufuzxa3p.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
lafuma_03_zpsbk3xv4uu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
lafuma_04_zps3pymwcj2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
lafuma_06_zpsbeucbsuq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
lafuma_05_zpsafgejuzd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
lafuma_08_zps811dtpwn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
lafuma_07_zpsnoibweis.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
lafuma_09_zpsgqlvfark.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
lafuma_02_zpsoqfq3oxn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
i have a much more bruised and battered example, ex french forces. They are great sacks, pretty comfy and hold a good amount of kit. mine had been modded over the years, with extra padding sewn onto the shoulder straps and additional patches for more straps.
this was my every day bag for 5 years until i recently replaced it with Fjallraven Stubben.
i hope it gives you many years of happy use.

Geebe

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2012
Dublin
Thanks Baggins. It seems pretty comfortable alright. I have a modern lightweight job for long hikes. This is for my slower solo rambles.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE