Fillet knife with leather sheath "upcycled"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Hello I reused an old fillet knife, changed the handle and made a leather sheath for it :). I glued the handle together, the tang is tapered toward the blade so no risk it gonna slip out so I skipped the pegs.
2j4qybq.jpg

vh6few.jpg

6tek3a.jpg

2ce6m36.jpg

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Super Nice work
I really like the overall look and style.
A valuable tool ready for other years of work.

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
ps reminds me of my second hand store find

it is the same brand Jernbolaget Eskilstuna Sweden, probably 12C27 because it holds a wicked edge!

Tjurved do you, or anyone else knows what this knife is called and what is main use it.
I guess for buthering, kitchen use?

DSC_0081_zpszps9epg9.jpg

DSC_0082_zpsh5rrsh3f.jpg

I am really happy that I found it. Since it is very cool that it ended up in my place. Maybe someone bought it in Sweden or Germany/Holland in the 50/60-ies?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Tjurved, nice job on the knife handle, I'm also taken with the belt loop like everyone else. Whole package is nice.

Mors, good solid butchers knife you have there. Know of a few folk who used them as camp knives too.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Nice knife find Mors :). I have dozen of old knifes "Jernbolaget Eskilstuna" there are some different names/logotypes but I rarely buy them for more then 10 sek each. If the brand is unknown for me I usually go by the handle quality. If the handle is exotic hardwood and large brass rivets then I guess the blade is ok :). Have some plans to reuse them as carving tools...

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Thanks Goatboy ��
Tjurved, that is cool! Eskilstuna was probably like Solingen . A crafts town with dozens of manufacturers.
In Holland I also go for 50 cent historic blades but then from Solingen.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE