Ferrocerium supplier - North-America ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fredcraft

Nomad
Jan 26, 2007
Quebec
Hello folks,

I was wondering if any of you know of any north american suppliers for firesteel blanks (or even better, a canadian supplier). I'm looking for rods with a 9mm diameter and a lenght of 75mm for some personal projects.

In other words, do I have an alternative to ebay ?

Thanks for the info !

P.S. : I'm not sure this is the right place I should have posted this thread, so if I was wrong, mods, feel free to move it in the right section !

fredcraft

Nomad
Jan 26, 2007
Quebec
I visited that site, didn't notice he shipped oversea tho, thanks for the confirmation ! That was a bloody fast response, thanks mate :You_Rock_

mrostov

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Texas
This guy has what you need:

http://www.bensbackwoods.com

He's up in Michigan and he has all sorts of stuff including ferro rods, bare Mora knife blades for making your own knives, etc.

He's selling the basic Mora #2 puukko style knife with a 4.25" laminated carbon blade for $15. The bare blade is $11. His ferro blanks run from $6 to $18 depending upon the size.

fredcraft

Nomad
Jan 26, 2007
Quebec
Excellent, more places ! Thanks folks ! I guess I'll have fun with some calculations and conversions now :)

Cheers !

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Not a huge amount of help, I know....
But.... somewhere in the States is a supplier who sells them 1/2 inch diameter by 5 inches long - saw a thread over on Britishblades a long time ago.....
As soon as I can find the link I'll be ordering the last firesteel I'll ever need.... but until then, I can't find the link :eek:

Good luck

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE