Fed up of sliding of a Thermarest???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
Well I have an answer to it. I bought some of that rubberised mesh you find in camping shops to stop stuff sliding about. I cut 6 strips off the roll and glued 3 to each side using bike inner tube repair glue.

No more midnight manouvers for me :D

simonsays

Forager
Sep 9, 2004
sunderland
A friend of mine painted his with diluted pva glue. It worked really well but you -really- want to let it dry properly before you put yer bag on it :eek:

Simon

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I was doing the archaeological assessment for the huge ranch below the Reagan Pesidential Library, sadly now another urban scab of housing. I had an old fashioned canvas bedroll based on a cavalry design with the ensolite pad sewn inside a second layer. It worked great! I stayed put and this stunning greek-american girl named Kedesha sort of slid off her pad and migrated real close during the night :D

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
Really obvious, but I only cottoned on to it recently - if you've got a small size of thermarest, put it INSIDE the sleeping bag. No chance of it escaping in the night, and sleeping right on the air pocket adds an extra layer of insulation.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
apply thin strips of FREESOLE across the surface of the mat and it drys to form rubberised none slip surface.

Freesole-main.jpg

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I think new thermarests have a non slip surface but it's been a long time coming.

Putting a short mat inside your bag is a great tip, worked like a dream last time I tried it.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
At the moment the non slip surface on the thermarests is only on the bottom, if the sleepingbag is slightly shiny then you're in for an interesting night ;-) I usually put the the thermarest inside my bag if I'm in a hammock when I've not got the mat inflated, but I find if I'm on the ground and need more air in the mat then the bag gets very restrictive around the shoulders.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE