Fallkniven F1 Amended

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Recently I was away on a trip, whilst there I was asked If I could make a knife based on and F1 that I was carrying, some of you may have seen it before, this is it.
p1010071small8fe.jpg

I was quite flattered to be honest and said that I would give it a go, so when I got home I kept in touch and found out what was needed and dissappeared into the garage with this
oneweekago4pg.jpg

It has taken a bit of time, but I think that the result is actually better than the original
p1010077small0hk.jpg

10minutesago5mt.jpg

I know that someone will ask about the mosaic pins so here is a shot of them
handledetail2hp.jpg

mosaicpindetail4qy.jpg

I think / hope they will be happy with it.

leon-1

Thanks Lithril, it has taken me about a week or so to make :)

I was going to do this as a tutorial, but I got carried away and before I knew it I had nearly finished it and taken very few pictures, I wouldn't of posted these, but thought that it had turned out quite nice :)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Duh! Light Sabers don't have edges, they simply vapourise anything they touch, in any direction. This makes them great for hacking down your enemies, but lousy for carving anything smaller than a canoe paddle, because of the wide and slightly singed kerf!

Leon, will you be bringing those knives to the Moot? :D

leon-1

Thanks for the comments and next time I will get the pictures whilst I am making it.

C_Claycomb said:
Leon, will you be bringing those knives to the Moot? :D

Chris both will be at the moot as the guy that asked me to make it for him is going to be there as well :)

I will also bring up a couple of Allan Blades (I belieive that you were interested in looking at some) :)

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Hay Leon, Great job mate i prefer a nice grained wood to micarta or burl so this is right up my streat!! well done, i wonder how long untill more orders are flooding in ;) :cool:

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
Great job Leon that looks superb, is that cocobolo for the scales? And any chance you could tell me the blade and handle length.

Ive never handled an F1 but by coincidence I've just made myself a new user ;) (to replace the one on Islay :) and having just seen your pics it looks vaguely F1 like!

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
Here it is, not quite finished yet hence the scruffy looking blade and no edge on it. Proportions are slightly different to the F1, I based it loosely on a Helle Scandi knife that I have. 3mm 01 tool steel blade and lignum vitae scales, it started off with bookmatched African Blackwood scales but they didnt make it ;)

How thick is the F1 blade Leon?

newknife2.jpg

newknife.jpg

Cheers

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
the spine is a rather thick 4.5mm. (Since it's a convex edge starting right at the spine there probably isn't as much steel in the cross section as a woodlore thogth). The edge is quite thick though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE