falconry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
When I was involved in Falconry all birds had numbered rings on thier legs and a registeration document kind of like a car log book. You didn't need a licence for yourself, but that was about 15 years ago and the law could well have changed since then.
Sorry I couldn't be off more help.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
The person you need to talk to is Stuart. He is getting a Harris Hawk in a couple of weeks. He isn't around right now, he is off on holiday, but should be back by the start of July, you might want to ask him when he gets back.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I did my falconry training at the national bird of prey centre in Newent Glos. You do not need a license to buy a bird of prey in the Uk. However a good breeder should ask you a few questions about your experience and housing conditions etc. if you are getting a bird for the first time then i would strongly advise against getting a cheap second hand bird. like a rescue dog they come with issues that require alot more experience to handle. A large owl etc could easily take a small dog from the local park as with any activity care and a reasponsible approach is the best.

training birds of prey by jemima parry jones is a good place to start.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE