Fab Campsite: ONLY OPEN IN AUGUST!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jellytot

Apr 1, 2010
Manchester
http://www.ukcampsitesearch.co.uk/wales/isle-of-anglesey/llanbadrig-vineyard-campsite-cae-owen.php
This campsite is my ideal, virutally no facilities except water (which you have to boil) and toilets/shower.
They have no licence so can only have camping 28 days a year.
it costs £5 per person per night dogs free.
They do have a winery open 12noon to 6pm tuesday to Friday and the most excellent wine, we tried a red, they have a merlot, we had "the other one" which is what they called it!
Gorgeous views and a beach just a tiny short walk, anytime now all the fruits in the lanes will be ready , we just missed out. The place is alive with rabbits too.
They allow open camp fires but there is no wood to forage, we bought from Stermat in Valley and took it with us because it was £2.00 for a big bag and they always had it in.
Nearest shops are in Cemaes, which is walking distance and if you want a bit more comfort they have bunk barns at £10 per person per night dogs to stay in downsatirs section and must be advised of in advance.
I highly recommend this place for CAMPCRAFTING, not really a great deal of scope for shelter builds and nowhere in top field for hammocking although lower wetter more shetlered field had trees!

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
I like those basic rustic campsites, there is a similar type place on the outskirts of Brecon called Priory Mill campsite where fires are allowed and right next to a picturesque river.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE