Extending Poles @ ALDI £2.99. Useful for tarp supports, solving rain traps etc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
http://offers.kd2.org/en/gb/aldi/pCSd/

There were still plenty left on Friday 27th so I bought a load.

I've liked Mesquite's set up with four along the front of a large DD tarp so I couldn't resist.

I think they will certainly come in handy and they seem good quality and value at £2.99 each.

aldi pole.jpg

I also wanted a tall enough pole to support the centre of a three sided pyramid tent using a DD 4x4 tarp.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
Thanks.
I bought two -in a hideous sky blue as chosen by my 6 year old daughter!- for propping up awnings and tarps.
These are washing line props by the way.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I had no choice in the colour! "It's too late now daddy" she says after I paid.......

I bought the Green version although it is a very very light Green. :rolleyes:

I will need to think of some effective padding to go over the top so it won't damage a tarp if used to prop in from the edge.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I bought the Green version although it is a very very light Green. :rolleyes:

I will need to think of some effective padding to go over the top so it won't damage a tarp if used to prop in from the edge.

A pound shop tennis ball with a hole cut in it to give a snug fit to the pole...
It works for canoe poles used as shelter poles as well :)

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
If you open a jubilee clip and fit it around the thinner section directly above the locking collar, it makes a good backup for that collar. It's not unknown for them to come loose in use.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
If you open a jubilee clip and fit it around the thinner section directly above the locking collar, it makes a good backup for that collar. It's not unknown for them to come loose in use.

Thanks for the tip Ian, particularly good when being used for critical load bearing. I'll go and fit clips now.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Also on sale at the moment are compact telescopic lanterns. My wife just came back with one for me as a surprise gift, and it isn't bad at all. A bit heavy at 187g but neat and compact and will double as a torch. Two brightness setting and the obligatory flashing setting.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Also on sale at the moment are compact telescopic lanterns. My wife just came back with one for me as a surprise gift, and it isn't bad at all. A bit heavy at 187g but neat and compact and will double as a torch. Two brightness setting and the obligatory flashing setting.

+1 on the lantern

Also the heavy duty sets of pegs (2 types) in a plastic box are good, if there are any left.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE