esbit coffee maker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Have you considered getting an Aeropress instead? It won't heat the water for you but the coffee is truly excellent

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
i am thinking of getting one of these i saw one in tamarack the other day and really fancy getting one, has anyone owned one or can give first hand field use of them? i know its not light weight of anything else bushcrafty but sometimes on a base camp or walk outs i like to spoil myself.

http://www.esbit.net/product-detail/items/20102400-stainless-steel-coffee-maker.html

Yes i have one and it makes a decent brew of "java" for one. Not too heavy to be prohibitive for backpacking, doesnt take up too much room. You can shop around for mugs to go with it.i recommend a metal or enamel one from poundshop as it is shallow enough to go under the spout and wont melt from the heat of the flame if wind distorted. Be warned that ideally the holder for the esbit tablet takes the smaller sized tablets which tend to be less widely stocked but are easily available online. You can cut a larger esbit /hexy /triox to size of course. Final point :-it is possible to use it with the snuffer lid as a holder rather than the holder you are supposed to use. i did this in error and it dramatically reduces the efficiency so i would advise care not to lose the tablet holder part which is small and loose and could easily be mislaid in the field. Finally it benefits massively from a simple windshield. Hope this is helpful. I enjoy mine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE