epoxy advice for first knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

peterkm

Nov 24, 2004
BELFAST
Hi,
I just got a nordic knife kit from Brisa and was wondering if anyone could recommend a suitable glue for the handle construction?
Thanks
Peter

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
Slow set epoxy is the best - gives you a decent working time. The most easily obtainable is Araldite Precision. You should be able to get it most hardware/DIY shops. Most branches of B&Q and Halfords have it...

Shing

Nomad
Jan 23, 2004
Derbyshire
Don't forget to clean your knife of epoxy when its still runny, a piece of kitchen roll with meths does a nice job. Good luck.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I made a new handle for my brickie trowel on the pole lathe and stuck it on with good old gripfill, it has really done the job well as my trowel gets lots of abuse, chopping bricks etc, so I bet it would work on a knife too, but then it may be too messy ?..................Jon
badair4wb.gif

a lot of guys swear by JB weld you can get it from Halfords , i have used this and dont like it ,. I use one which is heat resistant and sets in about 2hrs its much stronger,,, I know because i had to replace some scales on a knife i used this stuff and its a swine to get off , I will find out the name for you when i go out again

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE