Engraving/carving antler

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snooky

Nov 19, 2013
Tadley
I have just had to say goodbye to my Border terrier because of a nasty cancer, he was only 7.

We still have his favorite piece of Antler that he chewed and would like to add his name to it as a memento, is there anyone that can do this as I don't have an engraver or can anyone suggest a way to carve his name into it as I have never worked with antler other than a straight cut and polish.

Thanks

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
I'm really sorry to hear of your loss Snooky.

I've only ever carved antler once and I used a small needle file, you could probably use a knife but it would take longer. I'm sure someone else will be along to give you some other ideas.

All the best mate.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
What about a small copper, nickel or brass name plate? I know someone who makes these from solid stock, (rather than cheap plated tags) The plate can be stamped with lettering or numbers ( not "engineering" stamps ) down to about 1.5mm (iirc) You could either mount the plate yourself or I'm sure the lad I know, could mount it for you if you prefer.

Drop me a pm if you'd like contact details.

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE