Egrets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Was out with my father and uncle, we visited the Gwent Wetlands reserve. I was tired and bitching about the utter absence of birds (as compared to uncles well and varibly attended birdtable, for example.)

and guess what we saw?

a cattle egret!

and after a pub lunch we saw another! (or maybe the same one!)

I was well chuffed, I had heard about them in the Cardiff area (was it on this forum) but didnt know they had got this far.

Plenty of things for them on the reserve, though. Im sure there will be lots more in the summer.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
We get them quite regularly on the Medway and I saw one down by the River Wantsum on the Isle of Thanet it was by the main road so I fear it was sickly. They are great birds to see and look a bit out of place but very welcome

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
We see a few egrets on our river each year, but not too many. About 20 years ago, we lived about 120 miles to the west and south - along the Mississippi River. Our house was right on the river. It is amazing what a difference for birds so few miles can make.

Some times we would see hundreds of egrets coming down in front of our house - as well as many other types of birds. Sometimes they would come up in the yard and - well, you couldn't walk on the lawn for the droppings - especially when the Canada geese came calling. Made for a green lawn however. Wish I'd taken some photos. Never thought of it at the time.

PG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE