ebay bivi bag help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
You can never tell if its genuine unless you have it in front of you.... it may be worth bidding on (seems worth it at that price), but just because it has stayed so low this long doesn't mean it wont suddenly start price hiking as the bidding starts to come to a close (the last few minites).

Ed

maximus otter

Sep 14, 2003
UK
It doesn't state that it's military issue, and it doesn't state that it's Gore-Tex.

I wouldn't bid on it, especially as I've seen the pukka article in bricks & mortar surplus shops selling at £30.

maximus otter

leon-1

maximus otter said:
It doesn't state that it's military issue, and it doesn't state that it's Gore-Tex.

I wouldn't bid on it, especially as I've seen the pukka article in bricks & mortar surplus shops selling at £30.

maximus otter

The new issue bags are not gore-tex (don't ask me what they are I cannot remember). I have one of the new ones and to be honest the older ones are better IMO (they are more breathable if not quite as large).

If you can get one of the older ones in plain green you would probably be better off :eek:):

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
leon-1 said:
The new issue bags are not gore-tex (don't ask me what they are I cannot remember). I have one of the new ones and to be honest the older ones are better IMO (they are more breathable if not quite as large).

If you can get one of the older ones in plain green you would probably be better off :eek:):

Ah I’m not the only man thinking that. I've have got the newer DPM type bivi bag and I’m not impressed.
Looks like Gortex but is not as breathable or waterproof. I can’t remember waking so much with sticky legs in my green one. It was a new bag too. I'd stick with the plain ones to which never gave me any problems

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Bivvi bags seem to be one of those things that it's not worth buying off E-bay.
never seem to go for anything much less than you'll pay in a shop, sometimes more. At least with a shop you get to examine the goods close up.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
maximus otter said:

maximus otter

Its doesnt say Military issue and it wouldnt say Gore-tex as military issue bags arent gore-tex - gore-tex is a trade marked name and the military dont use it - WVPM (water vapour ect ect) is what army bags are made from. In truth this is gore-tex by another name however.

The gore-tex name is a bit like Hoover - most people call any similar wvpm goretex like most people call any vaccumm cleaner a Hoover!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE