Dyeing a DPM jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I should realy get my old dpm jacket out of the loft, use to love that thing until the interweb was born and gained access to other stuff

Bindle

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2014
The Mendips
Dyeing it is clearly difficult, why don't you try painting it? It would look very individual, and if you used bathroom paint it would be pretty waterproof too. A massive range of colours would be available....Win Win Win :D

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I'm not sure painting clothing with house paint really works...

Looking at this thread, I've come to the conclusion that trying to dye what are relatively cheap clothes really isn't worth the hassle. You've got to buy the dye, etc, and then go through all the work of dyeing the jacket, etc. If its camo, its right pain, and if its doesn't work, it just looks a bit strange. You can buy a surplus M65 type jacket (Austrian or Dutch) from £15 upwards - not camo, and no need to dye it.

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
Here's a good thing I learned, I use acrylic paint from a cheap art shop and mix 50/50 with fabric medium ( textile medium ) and it makes a screen printing paint for painting onto clothes.

Here is a desert Windproof smock I painted with titanium white acrylic mix with the textile medium glue. I just painted the dark patches lighter of the two colour camo pattern with a small artists paint brush. It takes a little time but is therapeutic too. 😊

[http://youtu.be/2TcGN5r9nPYIMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160401/49b1164c0c5bf0ad6389a632798cff8c.jpg[/IMG]

After painting run an iron protected my a handkerchief as you don't want to ruin the iron or heat set it with a hair dryer instead.

I will stain the white patches with a khaki colour afterwards to make the whole jacket khaki.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
a9a30da4bbcd74a020ddb5a5383c4ba3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE