Dual Survival & Bruce Parry programmes...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mang

Settler
Just seen this review for a new programme called Dual Survival on The discovery Channel at 10pm from Monday 10th January. It's basically two survival experts with differing approaches who are dropped into hostile environments to see whose approach is best.

The two guys are Cody Lundin (baseball cap, pigtails and wooly top), and Dave Canterbury (Mexican style tache, headband and combats). Might be worth a punt along with Bruce Parry's new series, Artic, at 9pm on sunday, BBC2. I find Bruce very watchable...

Growing Lad

Nov 10, 2010
Uk
I find attitude more interesting than anything else with survival stories, hopefully I'll catch this, thanks for the notice

garethw

Settler
Yes they ran the first two episodes here in France too tonight. Dave Canterbury has a huge library of videos on youtube explaining his Bushcraft and Survival techniques.. Very interesting...
He doesn't have Les Stroud's ability with a camera, but his info is very good and he puts it over well. Just google his website which is called the Patchfinder School.
cheers
Gareth

armie

Life Member
Jul 10, 2009
The Netherlands
Just saw Dual survival, and I quite liked it.
I was concerned that conflicting attitudes of the experts would be the main aspect of the programme (that would be the Dutch way of ruining a good show, like we did with Masterchef). But no! Both get their say, and appreciate each other.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Haha it was brilliant! I'm sorting out my garage at the month and currently putting the desktop in there, I think work may stop tomorrow for an hour or so to re watch, if there still up on the tube.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I saw them all on you tube about 6 months ago, just after they had come out in the US. There is some good stuff in the programs & I learnt abit from each one. The guys have that American 'Can Do' attitude that not all will like & there are some things in there that we all probably would say was not a clever thing to be doing (like running round checking traps in the dark with a birchbark lantern, as in episode 1) but I like the 2 presenters attitudes. They come from the opposite side of the street but they get on well most of the time.

As has been mentioned, Dave Cantebury has a lot of good videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/wildernessoutfitters

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I've been watching a few on youtube - thanks for the heads up!

The guys contrast well. It helps the programme along, stopping it being a one man boring band and because they know different things, it helps us as the viewer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE