Dual knife sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Motorbike Man said:
By the way, I'd love a better look at your dual knife sheath as well, looks like a superb idea :approve:

Hi all, this is some pics of my knife and sheath set up,the big sheath was made at the last Scottish meet under the eye of Eric Methven (top bloke),i wanted a sheath with a fire steel loop that the lapp sheath did'nt have.So when i got home i ordered some bits and bobs from LePrevo and made the smaller sheath.

So here is both sheaths tied together with a bow drill cord. The idea was if i ever became separated from the rest of my kit i still would have the means to light a fire either with the fire steel or by using the bow drill.

This is how i tied the smaller sheath on to the larger one.

Here they are being separated.

The components.

Knives,sheaths and bow drill cord.

I know some might say why two knives, well it was because the two came together when i got them and it seemed a shame for them not to stay together.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Classic Methven design! I have one of Erics sheaths that he stitched together in minutes at the previous meet. Looks very similar.

Nice work.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Nice set up Stuart F, would an additional leather loop allow the smaller knife sheath to ride with the larger sheath even when the cord is used to in a fire drill? something like a slide could keep them together. I was also thinking of combining my smaller knife and larger knife in such a maner along with a fero rod and compass.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE