Dual burner stove CP250 adapter/regulator?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Terr

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Scotland
This is slightly off topic and certainly not in the spirit of bushcraft (sorry everyone) but I thought someone here would know what I need to do to make dual burner camping stove like this compatible with disposable camping gas canisters like this. Single burners house them in the underside but there is no space in this particular stove.

The stove seems to be made to be used with refillable larger gas canisters like 904 and 907 with a regulator. I am looking to take the stove on a road trip to Italy and back and there is a very convenient false floor in the boot of my car where the stove and small canisters can be hidden away but the larger ones just don't fit, not to mention I have no idea where I'd go to refill them halfway through my journey.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

pysen78

Forager
Oct 10, 2013
Stockholm
I could be wrong, but I think any stove made for using refillable canisters (propane) will struggle with the lower vapour pressure of CP250 canisters (butane) even if you manage to rig an adapter for them.
Maybe you could get two of the common single burner cp250 stoves instead? Perhaps make a simple plywood platform for them or something to get more stability. Added bonus is proper redundancy feature if one of them goes on the blink.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE