Dremmel Bits Bargain!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
This is the set I picked up in Germany, the thin red disks are ideal for cutting the bits out on a hobo stove. The polishing compound works well with a good felt wheel, but these ones don't seem to last long. Also, don't try this compound on your starkie/strop. It seems to be greasy and oily and doesn't work at all. Sanding drums are excellent and work on metal just as well as wood, but obviously don't last long. Various sizes and shapes of grinding stones are also good for hobo stove construction.

The wooden box is also very nice and can be used after the bits have worn/been lost to store knife tooling kit such as wet and dry, blades awaiting construction and bits of brass rod.

Ferrion

Aug 17, 2004
Hull, Yorkshire
aye i just seen these in the lidl hand out catalogue thingy, think i'll be getting a set for my dremmel, Spammel when you say hobo stove do you mean the little Red Bull alcohol stoves or like full on Stainless Steel containers?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
aye i just seen these in the lidl hand out catalogue thingy, think i'll be getting a set for my dremmel, Spammel when you say hobo stove do you mean the little Red Bull alcohol stoves or like full on Stainless Steel containers?

Sorry, never saw this post!:eek:

I have made a hobo stove from a drainer for cutlery, following an idea and thread posted by Wayland. He showed a whole set up for cooking and it was so good that many people decided to copy the idea. Basically, cut a large hole in the front of the drainer to allow air in and to add fuel in the way of split wood or pine cones and then some way of standing the pot above the flames. Stainless steel food skewers work well.

It takes a while to find a decent drainer fr the bily can you use, but that is half of the fun!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE