does anyone know of this knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I'm not a big fan of kraton handles but setting that aside, that looks like an excellent knife to me. The blade style is one of my favorites for the outdoors. It might not be the most optimal for woodcraft but thin that edge a bit by convexing it and I'll betcha it will be a great whittler. Big flat grind and a tad ove 1/8" thick usually means nice thin geometry for slicing. AUS8 is a super steel for the outdoors. Holds a good edge and sharpens pretty easily. To be honest, if I bought that knife, I would probably send it to someone to put a nice pinned wood or micarta handle on it. However, you would probably get years and years of service out of it as is. CRKT is known for giving decent quality for a decent price.

odin13

Forager
May 29, 2005
bristol, england
yeah, it looks rather nice to me, im currently using a mora training knife, i recently switched from the clipper ( i lost 2 ) and the rust was getting on my nerves. but i really dont like stainless :( i want to go carbon again, i may buy a knife making kit, from brisa, because i really like wooden handles, and that seems the cheapest way of getting one.
cheers,
alex

Tack

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2005
West Midlands
Hi,
I have a CRKT Partner which I bought in Canada in 2001. It is an excellent knife for its purpose which is skinning large game animals and minor camp chores. I believe the steel is AUS 6 which is considered inferior to more modern "super steels". I have never had a problem with my knife, it sharpens and performs well although I have never really put the blade to the test.
This is a good looking knife at a very good price which represents excellent value for money.
Tack

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE