Dickie's workwear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joff

Forager
Jul 31, 2005
Somerset
A few weeks ago I bought a Dickies work 'lumberjack' type quilted shirt for use in the house whilst renovating it. It cost the princely sum of £10 from a local farmers market and it is great!

It has a cotton outer with polyester lining and fill. It's nothing special but it is cheap and very warm - also windproof to an extent. I've worn it around (a very cold) house, outside in the paddocks, down town, pretty much everywhere where it is cold. It also seems pretty tough having used it on our house which is basically a building site at the moment and not a gentle environment.

Cheaper than a Swanni, comes in a variety of colours and is blooming warm. Strongly recommended!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
You do get a good shirt/jacket for the money. Being a builder, I have used lots of these type of shirts before. The thing to be careful with them is that they tend to shrink in the wash......

Joff

Forager
Jul 31, 2005
Somerset
I've been lucky then - it has been washed loads of times already and accidentally tumble dried on one occassion without a problem!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Joff said:
I've been lucky then - it has been washed loads of times already and accidentally tumble dried on one occassion without a problem!
Yeah, or maybe the dickies ones are better than the ones I used...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE